If you are a strawberry lover then you will love these mini treats! They are so easy to make and perfect for summer parties. I made strawberry butter cream to fill them, but you could use a canned frosting to save on time and work level. It would also be fun to top them with a strawberry slice, sprinkles, or even a drizzle of chocolate.
Strawberry Cookie Cups
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 stick Crisco vegetable shortening
2 lb bag of powdered sugar
1 3 oz box of strawberry Jello
4 tbsp whipping cream
9 tbsp half and half
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp butter flavoring
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Line 24 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners.
2. Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil until well combined and moistened.
3. Place a heaping tablespoon of dough into each muffin cup.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and use the back of a rounded teaspoon to make indention to fill with frosting.
6. Cool completely.
7. Cream Crisco. Add vanilla, butter flavoring, half and half, and whipping cream and mix until well blended.
9. Add Jello powder and mix well.
9. Gradually add powdered sugar until well blended.(If frosting is too thick, add tablespoons of half and half until desired consistency.)
10. Top each cookie cup with frosting.