I am ready for tomorrow’s St. Patrick’s Day party! I have seen many versions of Guinness Brownies the past couple of days, and decided to come up with my own version. I whipped up 36 of these delicious brownies and 35 of them are ready to go. I couldn’t resist taste testing! I just might have taken a spoon to the bottom of frosting bowl after all the brownies were topped!! I am definitely making these little gems again!!! The recipe below makes 12 brownies. Enjoy!
Guinness Brownies with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting
1 box Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (Family size)
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup Guinness Extra Stout Beer
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
2 sticks Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter (softened)
3 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
4 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees if using dark pan). Place cupcake liners in pan.
2. Combine brownie mix, oil, eggs, and Guinness until well blended.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool brownies completely.
7. Cream softened butter until fluffy.
8. Add sugar and continue creaming until well-blended.
9.Add Bailey’s and whipping cream; blend on low speed until moistened.
10. Beat at high speed until icing is fluffy.
11. Frost the brownies as desired. (I added chocolate shavings for extra decoration)
What are you doing to celebrate St. Patty’s Day?