I am a big cookies and cream fan! When I found this recipe at BettyCrocker.com, I knew that I HAD to make these. Few ingredients are required, and this recipe is extremely easy to make. The only problem now is that I have half a bag of mini Hershey’s Cookies and Cream candy bars staring me down….must practice the moderation I preach! Have fun with these cookies they are DELICIOUS!
Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Cookies
1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
18 foil-wrapped white chocolate candies with chocolate cookie bits (from 12-ounce bag), unwrapped
1 ounce white baking bar (white chocolate) or vanilla-flavored candy coating
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening or spray with cooking spray. Mix cake mix, oil and eggs in large bowl with spoon until dough forms (some dry mix will remain). Cut each candy crosswise in half.
- Shape level 1 measuring tablespoon of dough around each candy half, covering completely. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies begin to look dry and cracked on surface. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Microwave white baking bar and 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in small microwavable bowl uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth. In another small bowl, microwave chocolate chips and remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth.
- Place each glaze in separate resealable plastic food-storage bag. Cut small tip from one corner of each bag. Drizzle glazes over cookies.