I celebrated my birthday last Tuesday, but I am just now posting the treat I made for myself. Despite being sick all week, I had an amazing birthday. All my friends and family made me feel SO loved. I received so many birthday messages on Facebook. There was a common theme that ran through all the birthday wishes: “Are you making your own cake?” “I hope someone is making you cupcakes!” “I hope someone is making you a special treat! ” “You should make your self a special Munchie for your birthday!” Family and friends did treat me to a birthday cake that was delicious, but I couldn’t resist making a Funfetti treat for my birthday. I found this amazing Funfetti Blondie recipe over Sally’s Baking Addiction. I left out the white chocolate chips and topped my blondies with some homemade butter cream icing! They were delicious!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 -1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 tub icing (your choice of flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible.
- Mix in the sprinkles.
- Pour into 8 x 8 baking pan, sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before frosting and cutting into squares.