Thanksgiving baking was just the start of weeks of Holiday cooking, and I can’t wait. I have so many recipes that I want to try. One of the first Holiday recipes I tried this year is from Safeway.com. These Baby Pound Cakes would make great gifts, and would be wonderful treats for Holiday parties. The preparation is easy and is not time consuming at all. I decided to add a little extra flavor kick by drizzling a pumpkin glaze on top of the cakes. These Baby Pound Cakes, with their combination of sweet vanilla cake and cinnamon pumpkin glaze, are the perfect way to kick off the Holiday baking season…not to mention the fact that they are delicious and melt in your mouth.
Baby Pound Cakes with Pumpkin Glaze
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well, 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended; stir in vanilla and almond flavorings.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Mix powdered sugar, pumpkin puree, water, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Drizzle pumpkin glaze over cakes. (Yield: 2 dozen)