I had all intentions of making pumpkin fudge, but when I got to the store…..the pumpkin lover’s nightmare happened! There was no canned pumpkin on the shelf! Are there that many people out there already whipping up pumpkin treats in their kitchens already? I had all the other necessary ingredients in my cart, so I decided that I would just skip the pumpkin step and make a different flavored fudge. I decided on butterscotch, which has always been one of my favorite flavors.
This was my very first attempt to make fudge. Fudge recipes have always intimidated me because I have no experience with candy thermometers and “soft ball stages”. I searched for a recipe that was not difficult and didn’t require any of those “scary” elements. RecipeZaar fulfilled my need with this Easy Butterscotch Fudge recipe. It truly was ready to pour into the pans with only 15 minutes of prep time. It does require a lot of stirring, so be ready to have tired arms….but it is all worth it for these smooth, sweet, buttery candy treats. Enjoy!
Easy Butterscotch Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
12 ounces butterscotch chips
7 ounces marshmallow creme
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter (or margarine) and milk in a 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium/medium-high heat, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in butterscotch chips until melted.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Pour into greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Let cool and serve. (Best results if you refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving)
- Store fudge in the refrigerator.